Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    morfeusz is on a distinguished road

Default Ext.js 4.1 Final Release

Ext.js 4.1 Final Release

When it will be?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by morfeusz View Post
    When it will be?
    There are no public dates at this time.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

General assumptions?
    A month and a half letting the next version of my system (based on Ext 4.0.7) and I do not know-wait for4.1or not?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jonasby is on a distinguished road

Since there is not going to be a date from Sencha and because there will be a beta2 for some arbitrary amount of time I guess the only logical thing is that if you have a hard date to hit then you cannot go with 4.1

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

You're right, there is still a beta2 -I forgot about it.
    So, for now I stay at4.0.7.
    Thanks for help

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gilfeather is on a distinguished road

Default If 4.1b1 works for you, use it

If 4.1b1 works for you, use it

We are considering going live using 4.1b1. This is against our normal policy but desperate times demand... If there are no show stoppers that we can't workaround and testing does not uncover anything new we may use this version for quite a while. We are pretty much fed up with the continual work on internals and plumbing vs business logic and functionality. At some point you need to question if the tool is helping or not. Just going from 4.1a1 to 4.1b1 was quite a bit of work, I can't wait to see what gets rewritten between 4.1b1 and 4.1 release.

We have also been told to evaluate other frameworks for future development. This does not mean we will be switching but we will be evaluating. I did notice another JS framework that has a nice grid which supports hierarchical sub-grids. IE, a master grid row can be expanded to show a detail sub-grid. Dynamic themeing via a popup window. This is the kind of "new" functionality that we would hope to be seeing in a release rather than "breaking/changing" of existing functionality.

4.2 will be interesting. If it plays nice with the existing code base, adds rtl, 508, theming, binding of fields, and other basic functionality that is expected from a gui framework then perhaps things will be back on track. If it is yet another "internal redo" of the codebase without significant functionality or if it does not play nice with the existing codebase then I think the product is in trouble.