Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    balakishan.r is on a distinguished road

We are also having the similar issue. Can any one help us, in which version of GXT it got resolved.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Balakishan - I was never able to reproduce it after the actual 3.0.0 release, and definitly not in 3.0.1, the current non-support-subscriber release. If you are using an earlier version than those, consider upgrading, or defer the call to flush() using the scheduler class - that's how we got around in in very early releases before we resolved the button focus issue.

If you can provide the specific details of your case - what version of GXT, what browser, and the circumstances around calling flush() - we can probably be more helpful.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Tin Bui is on a distinguished road

I faced the same problem and I found that the demo code calls flush() method twice and this solve the problem!
    save.addSelectHandler(new SelectHandler() {

@Override
    public void onSelect(SelectEvent event) {
    driver.flush();
    stock = driver.flush();
    if (driver.hasErrors()) {
    new MessageBox("Please correct the errors before saving.").show();
    return;
    }
    updateDisplay();
    stockStore.update(stock);
    }
    });

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Whoops, that should have been removed - we added that back in GWT 2.3 or 2.2 to solve a bug in GWT itself. If memory serves, it was related to checking for errors.

Which version of GWT and GXT are you using? I think this is working with GWT 2.4.0 and GXT 3.0.1, and I'll remove the extra driver.flush() from our examples to avoid later confusion.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    lindsay.thurmond is on a distinguished road

Default In case it helps anyone

In case it helps anyone

I thought I was having this same issue, but what was actually happening is that the value in my field was not yet set when calling getValue() because I hadn't clicked off the field yet (annoying I know). What I really wanted was to use getCurrentValue() on the field. To fix, I overrode the getValue() method like the following and used my Extended field instead of the default GXT one.

Code:
    public class ExtendedTextArea extends TextArea {

public ExtendedTextArea() {
        }

@Override
        public String getValue() {
            // Value should be whats in the box regardless of if the user clicked off yet or not
            return this.getCurrentValue();
        }
    }