Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    nbuesing is on a distinguished road

Default Margins within UiBinder is not working [verified with VerticalLayout (UiBinder)]

Margins within UiBinder is not working [verified with VerticalLayout (UiBinder)]

Using a local version of Ext GWT Explorer Demo, I went to VerticalLayout and changed the center marges to

c.add(label2, new VerticalLayoutData(1, -200, new Margins(40, 40, 40, 40)));

The showcase then had the expected margins.

Now, I got to the "VerticalLayout (UiBinder)" and update the XML as follows

<ui:with type="com.sencha.gxt.core.client.util.Margins" field="centerMargins">
    <ui:attributes top="40" right="40" bottom="40" left="40" />
    </ui:with>

No change, it shows like it did before and has no margins close to the non UiBinder change.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I have wondered why this doesn't work with all of the examples provided in the Explorer demo showing ui:with/ui:attribute.

I cam across this; I have included screenshot since "Coming in future (post-2.4)" is a CSS image so it cannot be selected.

http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideUiBinder.html

postGwt24.jpg

Since GWT 2.4 is the current release of GWT, I'm surprised GXT is using a feature that is not yet available for use.

Is there any other post GWT 2.4 functionality that is being used by GXT3 that I should know about?

I think the ui.xml files in the explorer demo should have a comment that says ui:attribute is not available with GWT 2.4.

Can someone from within GXT confirm this.

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

s there any other post GWT 2.4 functionality that is being used by GXT3 that I should know about?

I think the ui.xml files in the explorer demo should have a comment that says ui:attribute is not available with GWT 2.4.
    GXT offers an own module to add support for this right now. You should inherit the GXT UiBinder module.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Thanks. I thought that code was legacy, since it isn't in subversion

The following folder (in this branch as well as the trunk) is emptyAlso, when I download and build according to build_instructionx.html, I would get an error with UiBinder.gwt.xml, assuming it was old code from current development. I see that it is part of the beta2 zip, and will use that one, but I have been building/testing from subversion, and I suppose I should have done more research when Explorer demo wasn't able to find the UiBinder.gwt.xml file.

Thread Participants: 1