Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Bill_Gates is on a distinguished road

Default GWT/Eclipse counterpart releases

GWT/Eclipse counterpart releases

hi. since GWT creates specific releases for each Eclipse version, i was wondering if GXT does the same thing. Specifically, i need to know which GXT releases are meant for Eclipse 3.6 and 3.7. thank you!

BG

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    gishmo is on a distinguished road

GXT does not depend on Eclipse versions. It depends on the version of GWT.

And even the new version GWT 2.4 works fine with Eclipse 3.4. You have to install the old GWT plugin and in the properties you define your GWT SDK.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Bill_Gates is on a distinguished road

in light of your response, what are GXT counterpart releases for GWT v2.2.0, v2.3.0, and v2.4.0? thanks!

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

The latest release of GXT, 2.2.5, works with any version of GWT later than 1.7. However, due to breaking changes in GWT, there are three different GXT jars in the GXT 2.2.5 download, one for 1.7, one for 2.0 until 2.1, and one for 2.2 and onward. These jars have -gwt17, -gwt2, and -gwt22 suffixed to their filenames to be clear as to which works with which.

The beta versions of GXT 3 only work with the latest GWT version, 2.4.0.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    10KL is on a distinguished road

I hate to use this old thread, but i was just wondering if there is a matrix somewhere on the sencha site that keeps track of such relationships?