Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    micgala is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: ComboBox with a possibility to clear value

Unanswered: ComboBox with a possibility to clear value

Hi.

I need to create a SimpleComboBox with a twin trigger (which clear its value), but I'm having troubles implementing it.

This was implemented in gxt 2 as shown in this thread:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...l=1#post408122

However, it is now not possible to use a TwinTriggerFieldCell instance in the SimpleComboBox, because there is no way to set the cell when using SimpleComboBox.

Can someone please shad some light in my way :-)

Thanks and regards,
    Michel.

Vote Rating
    Answers
    PhiLho is on a distinguished road

I am sorry if I state the obvious, but why you don't use a not-simple ComboBox?
    The AdvancedComboBox example shows one can use cells in a ComboBox. Although I was confused at first, as I saw a simple text input field, ie. I didn't identify the component as being a kind of combo box. Actually, technically it isn't really a combo box but more like an adaptive search field with a dynamic list below, but I won't argue on this...
    A search icon (traditionally a magnifying glass) on the right of the field could help identifying the nature of the component. I wonder if one can easily add such icon.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    micgala is on a distinguished road

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Unfortunatelly using a ComboBox with a button will not work for me. The reason is that I need the editors in grid. So I need the buttons to appear when in edit mode.

So, what I need is exactly what I posted: a way to extend ComboBox to be like a twinTriggerField. But I am having troubles to achieve that. With gxt 2, that was quite easy. But I am having troubles to extend the ComboBox on gxt 3.
    I would be glad if someone could help me out.

Thanks,
    Michel.

Thread Participants: 1