Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for DSGNR-1217 in a recent build.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    elentirmo is on a distinguished road

Default DirectStore: directFn property is lost when Ext Direct API URL is empty

DirectStore: directFn property is lost when Ext Direct API URL is empty

There are two problems with the directFn property on DirectStores:
    • You can't set the directFn property on a new or existing DirectStore, if you haven't set the Ext Direct API URL in the preferences. Any input in the directFn property is lost immediately without error.
      This is a regression from 1.1.2, which kept the input.
    • When opening an .xds file that has an empty Ext Direct API URL, all existing directFn properties are cleared without warning.
      This happened to me when I imported .xds files from Ext Direct 1.1.2, which doesn't require the Ext Direct API URL in order to create DirectStores with directFn.
    Tested with: Ext Designer 1.2.2, on Ext 3.3.x projects.

This bug is keeping me from upgrading to 1.2. Using the API URL was optional in 1.1.2, which suited me just fine. I don't want to set the API URL, because this would mean that I have to have the correct web app running every time I edit an .xds file. The drop-down menu that lists all services and their methods is of no use to me, since I have so many services that the menu doesn't fit inside the window.

Please make the Ext Direct API URL optional again.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    MichaelEr is on a distinguished road

I also had problems with the directFn when I configured the DirectStore. I also get the error that "fn" is undefined when calling the load method of the store.
    Code:
    proxy : {
        type : 'direct',
        directFn : MyAction.method
    }
    But it works if I extended Ext.data.Store instead of Ext.data.DirectStore.

My Ext Version: 4.0.7

Kind regards
    Michael

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Any word on when this will be fixed?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

There is work being done on this currently for both Ext Designer 1 and Sencha Designer 2.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    There is work being done on this currently for both Ext Designer 1 and Sencha Designer 2.
    Now that Sencha Designer^WArchitect has been released (congratulations on that release by the way :-)), do you have any idea when this bug will be fixed in Designer 1?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

We'll be discussing this internally today We'll begin work on getting of the more serious bugs resolved in Ext Designer 1.2.x starting next week.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Thread Participants: 2