Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mminnie is on a distinguished road

No static IDs. Got it. I wasn't planning on keeping them, it was just part of a newbie's testing and figuring things out. Gone....and never again!

Answers
    Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

I've had a bit more of a think about my last post. I'm not convinced my logic actually holds up. If you have a button (a view) with the caption 'Edit User' then the view already implicitly has knowledge of how that view is controlled. My claim that having it fire an editUser event would be moving logic from the controller to the view is dubious at best.

What I would say instead is that mapping a click event to an editUser event is adding an extra layer of abstraction and you should think carefully about whether you need that extra abstraction before adding it to all your views.