Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    JHuybrighs is on a distinguished road

Isn't the answer to this question simply that there is no way anymore (since 2-pr3 I think) for the view class to have code that fires an event that can be picked up by a controller or dispatch an action request to a controller?
    I read that if a user action in a view must notify a controller that it is the responsibility of the target controller itself to listen on the UI component. Like in:
    Code:
    init: function() {
        this.control({'button[action=showSongs]': { tap: this.showSongs } });
    },
    I keep on having problems with this concept since it binds controllers to specific view elements; controllers must reference things like: button, xtypes, etc. Most of today's MVC frameworks come with a much looser binding.

Anyhow, we have to live with this I think since it seems to be at the core now of Sencha's architecture.

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Even though this was for early sencha touch 2.0, take a look at this video: http://vimeo.com/34052884

I plan on doing screencasts and blog posts on this once ST2 stabilizes.