You found a bug! We've classified it as TOUCH-1618 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rgporter can only hope to improve

Default [PR4] Kitchen Sink on BB Bold 9900 causes browser to permanently(!) flickr, go black

[PR4] Kitchen Sink on BB Bold 9900 causes browser to permanently(!) flickr, go black

This is a weird, weird bug, but I'm in a jam now so here I go...

On a new BlackBerry Bold 9900 (OS 7), ST 2 Kitchen Sink after a few seconds of use causes the screen to begin to react to the touching of the screen. Slide up, the screen goes darker all the way to black. Slide down, it goes brighter. Tap something the screen returns to normal until the animation is complete. Even when you tap the tabs button to kill the window, it goes black again so you can't see where to touch to close the Window. Then it randomly flickers sometimes...

And by the screen, I mean, the *screen* -- browser bar and status bar included. Exiting the browser everything is back to fine, except I can't seem to use my browser any more, even reboots haven't solved this. Even removing the battery and restarting does not fix this.

This is with all the software updates from RIM, on a phone just a couple weeks old that's had no problem with ST 1 apps. Also does not happen on BB Torch OS 6.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rgporter can only hope to improve

Just to quickly follow up, the whole OS is now doing this, flickering to black and getting darker/brighter depending on the direction I swipe. I'm following up with some connections at RIM. Might want to advise anyone with that model of phone to stay clear of the ST2 Kitchen Sink app in case some javascript there caused the BlackBerry browser to go on a rampage...

Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

Interesting, we will certainly try to get to the bottom of that.

Sencha Inc

Jamie Avins

@jamieavins

Thread Participants: 1