Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Vote Rating
    slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold

Default [4.1 B2] Tree layout issues from a Windows Server

[4.1 B2] Tree layout issues from a Windows Server

Not sure if I should post this as a new post since it's in 4.1 Beta 2 or not, but since it wasn't reproducable in 4.1 Beta 1 I'll post again. I'm seeing quite a few issues with Beta on our Windows webserver that don't happen on the file system. We have projects under 2.2, 3.x, and 4.0.7 on the same webserver that are working ok. I can put the same sample code up on my own Apache server and it works ok.

REQUIRED INFORMATION Ext version tested:
    • Ext 4.1 rev B2
    Browser versions tested against:
    • IE8
    • FF5 (firebug 1.8.1)
    DOCTYPE tested against:
    • strict
    Description:
    • A tree will have horizontal scrollbar even with a very small root/node in an accommodating container. This doesn't happen on the file system or on an Apache server, but does on our Windows server. Looking at the screenshots you can also see slight differences in the tab font and tree node icons, etc.
    Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • Just need a tree on a Windows webserver (Windows Server 2008R2 in my case).
    The result that was expected:
    • See screenshot 2 with no horizontal scrollbar taken from my file system with the same sample script.
    The result that occurs instead:
    • A horizontal scrollbar and a tree panel with a clientWidth of like 10000.
    Test Case:
    Code:
     Ext.onReady(function () {
        Ext.widget('viewport', {
            layout: 'border'
            , items: [{
                region: 'center'
                , dockedItems: [{
                    xtype: 'toolbar'
                    , dock: 'top'
                    , items: ['->', {
                        text: 'one'
                    }, {
                        text: 'two'
                    }, '->']
                }]
                , layout: 'card'
                    layout: 'border'
                        xtype: 'treepanel'
                        , region: 'west'
                        , width: 200
                        , store: Ext.create('Ext.data.TreeStore', {
                            root: {
                                children: [{
                                    text: 'My Node'
                                    , children: [{
                                        text: 'Leaf'
                                        , leaf: true
                                    }]
                                }]
                            }
                        })
                    }, {
                        xtype: 'tabpanel'
                        , region: 'center'
                            title: '...app/module'
                            , itemId: 'perm'
                        }]
                    }]
                }]
            }]
        })
    });
    HELPFUL INFORMATION Screenshot or Video:
    • Webserver screenshot
    • File System screenshot
    See this URL for live test case: N/A Debugging already done:
    • none
    Possible fix:
    • not provided
    Additional CSS used:
    • only default ext-all.css
    Operating System:
    • WinXP Pro

Windows Server 2008 R2
    tree_web_server.PNG

File System
    tree_file_system.PNG

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Odd... the server doesn't do any rendering
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold

I wouldn't think that'd have any bearing either. I had reported this on B1 as well and Evant wasn't able to reproduce the issue when he tested which sent me back to the drawing board. So, I did some more testing and discovered things worked fine on the file system, but not on our Windows servers. So, I published the example script to my own Apache server and sure enough - worked.

I've got 4 projects running on 4.0.7 today on the same servers so I swap the reference to the 4.0.7 library and re-publish and the issues go away. Change back to 4.1 B1 or B2 and up come the rendering/layout issues.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The server shouldn't have any affect on the rendering, all it's doing is transporting the file and the browser will then render it. Probably don't have to say that but just thinking in text.

Unless the browser is going into compat mode or something from a special header I'm not too sure what's going on. I don't have windows server lying around so I can use apache all day long and won't be able to reproduce this.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Ext JS Premium Member tvanzoelen's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about

I use a windows server and have no problem as you describe. You could try to disable all cache first to see if no css files are cached.

Or you can make a simple rule in the webserver for disabling cache for .css extentions. The webserver sets a default private cache. that can mess things up.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Rob Hogan is on a distinguished road

I can't explain FF but in IE it's worth opening developer tools and checking that both locations render in the same modes (browser and document).

I've had issues before with IE forcing compatibility view only when the server is on the same AD domain/intranet as the client, and was only able to overcome it with a change to group policy.

Sencha - Community Support Team hendricd's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    hendricd will become famous soon enough hendricd will become famous soon enough

Content served to Local Intranet zones from Window Servers are coerced into IE8 Compatability Mode (which Ext has never supported).

To get control of your rendering abilities again, add this <meta> tag (must be the first child in the <head> section):

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge" />

Flush your cache and give it a try.

Other browsers will happily ignore it.
    "be dom-ready..."
    Doug Hendricks

Maintaining ux: ManagedIFrame, MIF2 (FAQ, Wiki), ux.Media/Flash, AudioEvents, ux.Chart[Fusion,OFC,amChart], ext-basex.js/$JIT, Documentation Site.

Got Sencha licensing questions? Find out more here.

Vote Rating

Group Policy is indeed enforcing compatibility mode on intranet sites. I can turn that off per browser and Ext.userAgent happily reports that IE8 is IE8 (Browser Mode: IE8 and Document Mode: IE8 Standards). That fixed the trigger field rendering issue I was seeing for now, but if I deploy to the employee base on 4.1 all of their trigger fields will render incorrectly as the meta tag didn't override the browser setting and IT won't remove the policy as that would break a number of internal antiques (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...dows-webserver).

The treepanel anomoly and the menu shadow (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ed-from-shadow) I'm not yet able to chase down. Both cases are showing render errors in 4.1 B2 in IE8 and FF5 and both render correctly in 4.0.7.

I'd be happy to do more testing / reporting, but not sure what to check for next.

Thx for the help.

Vote Rating

1000 apologies.
    I figured it out. In the past when auditioning code I'd take an existing file and point the ext-all.js lib to the new version and test. If all's well then I'd roll apps over to a newer version. Not a great practice if I don't also point to the latest css file, too. When no one else was complaining or could reproduce the anomalies I knew it was something I was doing, but couldn't figure out what.

Sorry for the wasted effort looking for bugs that just weren't there. Please consider this thread closed.