Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    stefankendall is an unknown quantity at this point

Exclamation Syncstorage completely unreliable in ST2PR2 with SDK3

Syncstorage completely unreliable in ST2PR2 with SDK3

Unfortunately, it looks like I'll need to implement syncstorage myself, with my own back-end. In PR2, an application which works well with localstorage randomly breaks with syncstorage.

Data is lost, the amount of records returned and available after the 'load' event randomly varies, and random errors are thrown within sencha-io.js. Given a store with 4 entries, I would receive 4 entries on the second load, 1 on the third, 5 on the second, and then at some point, all records would double during a load, and then return normally on the next.

The experience was extremely inconsistent, and my attempt at simple cloud data sync was a complete failure.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Möhre will become famous soon enough

Localstorage doesn´t work in PR2:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ght=localstore

So Syncstorage won´t work too.

Did you try PR3?

PR4 won´t work with IO SDK3 because the api changed.

So we have to wait for IO SDK4....

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    stefankendall is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, okay. I was told in a prior post that PR2 was my best bet, but the last time I had to migrate to PR3, I quit due to localStorage breakage.

I think I'm going to implement a dumb sync-all system of my own, and I'll re-evaluate Sencha IO when ST2 goes final. The changing cost will be much less when I don't have to port an application to ST2 at the same time.

Thread Participants: 1