REQUIRED INFORMATION Ext version tested:
  • Ext 4.1 rev B2
Browser versions tested against:
  • IE8
  • FF5 (firebug 1.8.1)
DOCTYPE tested against:
  • strict
Description:
  • Having an unterminated font tag "<font>" in the HTML body of a panel messes up the layout in IE. It's messed up on both the file system or on a Windows 2008R2 webserver, but it's messed up slightly differently. Works ok in FF5 and works ok with 4.0.7 in all environments. I realize this is probably fixable on my side by closing out the font tag, but I'll be trying to drop 4.1 into an existing project that someone else built and am trying to mitigate any out of the box upgrade issues possible.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
  • Make a panel with html: '<font>'. I tried to find other tags that would break the layout and didn't see any during testing, though I just test a handful.
The result that was expected:
  • A panel laid out with no layout issues (as if there was no html property at first glance).
The result that occurs instead:
  • The panel is shifted down about 20px. On the file system the bottom border is missing and the panel title is shifted down by about 1 pixel.
Test Case:
Code:
 <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>
<head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
    <title>Tabs Example</title>
    <!-- Ext includes -->
    <link rel="Stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../../ext4/resources/css/ext-all.css" />

<!-- <script type="text/javascript" src="../../ext4/ext-all.js"></script> -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../../ext-4.1.0-beta-2/ext-all-debug-w-comments.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
    Ext.onReady(function () {
        Ext.widget('panel', {
            title: 'Open Tag Panel'
            , renderTo: Ext.getBody()
            , height: 200
            , width: 200
            , html: '<span>'
        });
    });
</script>

</head>