Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

Default [4.1 B2] Panel with an unterminated tag messes up layout in IE8

[4.1 B2] Panel with an unterminated tag messes up layout in IE8

REQUIRED INFORMATION Ext version tested:
    • Ext 4.1 rev B2
    Browser versions tested against:
    • IE8
    • FF5 (firebug 1.8.1)
    DOCTYPE tested against:
    • strict
    Description:
    • Having an unterminated font tag "<font>" in the HTML body of a panel messes up the layout in IE. It's messed up on both the file system or on a Windows 2008R2 webserver, but it's messed up slightly differently. Works ok in FF5 and works ok with 4.0.7 in all environments. I realize this is probably fixable on my side by closing out the font tag, but I'll be trying to drop 4.1 into an existing project that someone else built and am trying to mitigate any out of the box upgrade issues possible.
    Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • Make a panel with html: '<font>'. I tried to find other tags that would break the layout and didn't see any during testing, though I just test a handful.
    The result that was expected:
    • A panel laid out with no layout issues (as if there was no html property at first glance).
    The result that occurs instead:
    • The panel is shifted down about 20px. On the file system the bottom border is missing and the panel title is shifted down by about 1 pixel.
    Test Case:
    Code:
     <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
    <html>
    <head>
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
        <title>Tabs Example</title>
        <!-- Ext includes -->
        <link rel="Stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../../ext4/resources/css/ext-all.css" />

<!-- <script type="text/javascript" src="../../ext4/ext-all.js"></script> -->
        <script type="text/javascript" src="../../ext-4.1.0-beta-2/ext-all-debug-w-comments.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
        Ext.onReady(function () {
            Ext.widget('panel', {
                title: 'Open Tag Panel'
                , renderTo: Ext.getBody()
                , height: 200
                , width: 200
                , html: '<span>'
            });
        });
    </script>

</head>
    <body>

</body>
    </html>
    HELPFUL INFORMATION Screenshot or Video:
    • attached
    See this URL for live test case: Debugging already done:
    • none
    Possible fix:
    • not provided
    Additional CSS used:
    • only default ext-all.css
    Operating System:
    • WinXP Pro

File System example
    panel_open_font_tag_file_system.PNG

Windows 2008R2 webserver
    panel_open_font_tag_web_server.PNG

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

This technically isn't an Ext JS bug IMO... your HTML is invalid
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

Yeah, I thought about not even posting this. Last week I inherited an existing application running on Ext 2.2 and was working on porting it to 4.x. It was working ok on 4.0.7 so I tried loading up 4.1 B2 and started just picking off issues as I found them. Don had mentioned that he wanted to make sure that everything that was working in 4.0.x was working ok in 4.1 so figured I'd post since the same html was working without incident in 2.2 and 4.0.7.

But, I'm good closing this one. Buggier than 4.0.7, but not a bug.

Thread Participants: 1