Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for DSGNR-1278 in a recent build.
    Vote Rating
    daubman is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Unable to establish internet connection to begin software registration.

Unable to establish internet connection to begin software registration.

I just downloaded the open beta of Sencha Designer 2. After agreeing to the license agreement I get the error page:
    """
    Unable to establish internet connection to begin software registration.
    Please check your internet connection and retry or manually configure a proxy.
    """

I'm currently on home WiFi with no proxy, and my Ext Designer 1.2 loads up just fine...

...suggestions (current browser is obviously working to reach the forums and no proxy configured here or in Network Preferences - Mac OS X 10.7.2)

Very excited to _finally_ try the Designer2 Beta - now just wishing I could launch it!

Thanks,
    Aaron
    -->

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Aaron -

Could you give us some more details about your environment? Operating system, etc
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team
    -->

Vote Rating

Default Env Info - Mac OS X 10.7.2

Env Info - Mac OS X 10.7.2

Mac OS X 10.7.2 (Lion) running on a MacBook Pro.

I double-checked my Network Location to ensure I'm on the home location with no proxy config. All browsers (and licensed Designer 1.2) are working fine.

I also tried the manual proxy config option leaving all the proxy config fields blank and received the same error message.
    -->

Vote Rating

Default Console log - nothing interesting here...

Console log - nothing interesting here...

These three lines are all that are logged in when launching the app:
    Code:
    1/30/12 8:29:02.289 PM [0x0-0x232232].com.sencha.SenchaDesigner: Loading libion: /Users/aaron/Library/Application Support/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Designer 2.0/libion-1.3.8.dylib
    1/30/12 8:29:02.838 PM [0x0-0x232232].com.sencha.SenchaDesigner: Loading Ion resource: /Users/aaron/Library/Application Support/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Designer 2.0/xds-2.0.0.000268.ion
    1/30/12 8:29:02.909 PM [0x0-0x232232].com.sencha.SenchaDesigner: Load result: Success
    -->

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

we were having issues with our servers. Can you try this again to be sure it wasn't an issue as simple as this.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team
    -->

Vote Rating

Cool Will try tonight

Will try tonight

I'll try it again tonight when I'm back on home WiFi and will report the results. It sounds like that may be it, since the next day I loaded it up on my work machine, complete with proxy config, and everything worked fine...

Thanks,
    Aaron
    -->

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

We are in the process of resolving this issue - it turns out to be a server infrastructure issue on a few of our provisioned nodes. We will ping this thread once again when the issue is fully resolved. Thanks.
    -->

Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Apologies, this issue is not (seemingly?) directly related to the problem we've been experiencing on our servers - I read the thread too fast. But, do try again later tonight just in case our solution to one problem happens to resolve your problem as well. Thanks.
    -->

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    KimH is on a distinguished road

Default A communication error has occurred

A communication error has occurred

I'm having problems logging in using the Sencha Designer 2 beta.

Using my Sencha ID and password I get an "A communication error has occurred." at the login screen.

No problem logging in using a browser to the forums.

No special proxy, Ubuntu 10.10
    -->

Vote Rating

Hi KimH,

Your issue is directly related to our server problems I mentioned two posts up (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...l=1#post726061). This can be "worked around" by closing your application and retrying over and over again, and "one time" it should work. However, you can wait until later today when we have the issue resolved; I will ping this thread at that time.

Cheers,
    Jarred
    -->