Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ben.gillis is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: HOW TO: Change renderTo dynamically for Ext.Window?

Unanswered: HOW TO: Change renderTo dynamically for Ext.Window?

Is there a way to programmatically change the renderTo when maximizing an Ext.Window? My windows never exceed the size of the div specified via renderTo. Therefore, I need to pull 'em out of that div, renderTo the body, and programmatically increase the height/width. Then, on minimize, return the window back to the initial div.
    It's just one's and zero's, what could go wrong?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You could leave renderTo alone and use constrainTo
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ben.gillis is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply, but that leaves me with other problems. For example, is a maximized window not draggable? (Draggable is true, the window was draggable prior to be maximized. Once maximized, no longer draggable).
    It's just one's and zero's, what could go wrong?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gillis View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but that leaves me with other problems. For example, is a maximized window not draggable? (Draggable is true, the window was draggable prior to be maximized. Once maximized, no longer draggable).
    I wouldn't expect it to be. It's being maximized to the containing element so therefor it's 100% of the height and width so therefor no space to drag.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1