Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    clarose is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Issue deploying on Playbook device

Answered: Issue deploying on Playbook device

Hi,

I have a Sencha Touch 2.0 PR4 application which displays a list with a header bar and if you click on a line item it shows some details for that item. This app is destined to run on a Playbook device.
    Now, I can run this application on the Playbook simulator without any problems. But when I deploy it on the Playbook device (unsigned version, using a debug token uploaded on the device), I see the splash screen appearing (which is defined in the webworks config.xml file), but then instead of having the application load (as on the simulator), it simply exits out.

I have tried a really dumb down version of the app, which displays simply a header bar with a title and a html panel with some text below. This works and gets displayed correctly. I thought at first that this issue might be related to my list having to fetch it's dummy data from a ".json" file. So I tried a simple store object with inline data for my list. This simple list example works fine in Chrome and on the Playbook simulator, but again, not on the actual device.

Has anymore encountered such behavior on the Playbook device? If so, how to resolve it?
    I tried using the Web Inspector tool, but since my app does not even load, there is no point. Has anyone ever found log files that we can analyze to see the cause of the error ?

Btw, I am using the latest OS version for the Playbook (1.0.8.6067)

Thank you in advance for your time

2. In case it might be helpful to anyone in the same situation, I finally got my ST2 Beta1 app running on my Playbook device by upgrading the Playbook OS to the 2.0 beta version.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Is there anything special in your list or is it just a stripped down version?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers

I tried both:
    • My regular list which fetches its data from a dummy json file and has an icon and some divs in the list item tpl.
    • A stripped down list, here below is the code:
    Viewport and list:
    Code:
    Ext.define('App.view.Viewport', {
        extend: 'Ext.Panel',
        alias : 'widget.mainViewport',

config: {       
            fullscreen: true,
            layout: 'fit'
            items: [
                {
                    xtype: 'titlebar',
                    title: 'Test',
                    docked: 'top'
                },
                {
                    xtype: 'list',
                    store: 'MyStore',
                    itemTpl: '<div>{dummy_text}</div><div>{description}</div>'
                }
            ]
        }
    });
    Store:
    Code:
    Ext.define('App.store.MyStore', {
        extend: 'Ext.data.Store',

autoLoad: true,
            model: 'App.model.DummyModel',
            data: [
                { dummy_text: 'Ed',    description: 'Spencer' },
                { dummy_text: 'Tommy', description: 'Maintz' },
                { dummy_text: 'Aaron', description: 'Conran' },
                { dummy_text: 'Jamie', description: 'Avins' }
            ]
        }
    });
    Model:
    Code:
    Ext.define('App.model.DummyModel', {
        extend: 'Ext.data.Model',
            fields: ['dummy_text', 'description']
        }
    });
    And both the regular list and the stripped down list shown above work perfectly on the Playbook simulator, but they exit out on the device after the splashscreen.

Thanks for your time

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers

I tried another test.

I setup my viewport with a titlebar and a panel below. This panel has a "card" layout and the initial active child item is a html panel and a second child (not shown at startup) is my stripped down list. I also setup a button to switch from the html panel to the stripped down list. The app loads ok on the Playbook device, but as soon as I click on the button to switch the parent panel's active item to the list, it exits out.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers

By the way, I forgot to mention that I am not running the application in the Playbook browser. I packaged it as a bar file and deployed it to the device (as a webworks application).

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers

Hi Mitchell,

I tried a simple list with Sencha Touch 1.1.1 and it works fine on the Playbook device. I used the list example from the Sencha touch 1.1.1 SDK (slightly modified to have it fullscreen instead of a fixed size).

I know a lot of changes were done in ST 2.0 in comparison to ST 1.1, but would you have an idea as to what in the ST 2.0 PR4 "list" implementation would cause the app to exit out on the device ?

Thanks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers

In case it might be helpful to anyone in the same situation, I finally got my ST2 Beta1 app running on my Playbook device by upgrading the Playbook OS to the 2.0 beta version.

Thread Participants: 1