Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    bseddon will become famous soon enough

Default Starting out...

Starting out...

The first thing I did after installing the beta was to double-click on one of the sample projects. I was then prompted for a file to import (I selected the same file again) and entered a folder to use and pressed the Import button. Nothing happened except an error was reported in red on the screen.

I can see this not the correct way to open an existing app but I can imagine many doing exactly the same because (at least in Windows) the extension is tied to the designer executable.

It may be helpful to head new users in the right direction at this point by, for example, preventing the action or by creating an appropriate new project in the background automatically.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the feedback.

We already have a ticket to unify the experience between opening xds and xda files.

Were you able to import the xda file into its own project directory?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    bseddon will become famous soon enough

My tactic which seems successful is to create a new project and then import the xda. Is this what you'd expect a user to do?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Both workflows you described should work. We know we still have some work to do when you directly open an archive file.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Thread Participants: 1