Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    cantorh is on a distinguished road

Default Using custom classes

Using custom classes

Hi,
    I have a toolbar with a text field and two buttons that I’ve made into a class in Designer. I’d like to use this class throughout my project. How does one reuse a class?

-thanks,
    Hugo.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

If the toolbar is already a top level class you just need to drag that toolbar into the component you want to use it in.

You will then be prompted with a link, copy and move dialog. You will want to choose link.

If your toolbar is not yet a top level class, you can right click on it and choose promote to class. You can then link that toolbar to as many other places you would like.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    cantorh is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply. That’s exactly what I was trying to do, I created a toolbar in a grid, promoted it to a class and dragged the promoted class into another grid. However, when I looked in the generated code, I noticed the toolbar was added as an item instead of a docked item, a docked toolbar was my intent. I ended up starting over, creating the toolbar in a grid, promoting the toolbar and dragging the original toolbar into my other grids. That seemed to reuse the custom toolbar class.
    -thanks,
    Hugo

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Hugo -

I'm not sure of the original workflow you used and whether or not there was a bug there.

If you are able to reproduce something that you think is acting improperly, please let us know.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    coolfish is on a distinguished road

I reckon I have something similar going on, thread below:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...omething-wrong

Thread Participants: 2