1) When I save or deploy the PandoraMvc demo application it warns me about some components that don't have stores. I've not added these and I can't find them in the project explorer or in the generated code.
2) When I save or deploy the PandoraMvc demo application the first time after importing it, the designer insists on creating a folder called PandoraMvc under the folder I elect to use. Where can I find this name?
3) To select an export/deploy folder I click on the 'Deploy Path' field and the folder selection dialog appears. However it always starts in the default location, for example My Documents (I'm on Windows) even if one exists.
I think this is because the dialog is being passed a path like d:/myfolder/myinnerfolder etc. The default behavior of this dialog box when presented with an invalid path is to pre-select the default (My Documents) folder. It will be great if the default of the dialog can be any currently specified folder.
4) A potential problem with the folder selection dialog shown any time this field is selected is that I can neither make a small edit by hand or grab the path to use elsewhere.
It maybe you trying to ensure the path entered is valid which is understandable. However the entered path could be deleted from disk or renamed to make it invalid anyway.
1) Interesting, did you make any changes to the demo app? That is not occurring here.
2) This folder name was from the original folder name that the project was archived from.
3) I agree that there should be some more thought around this. However it cannot be the current path that the project is in. This is one of the rules, it can't create a recursive deployment loop. It could however be one directory up?
4) Understood. This would make a good enhancement to this field. We already have some code in that adds a browse button next to it making it more like a file selector.
1) No changes. Bear in mind that I'm creating a (hopefully blank) project and importing the file then deploying immediately.
3) The folder selection could be validated to cover illegal case after selection? I was forced to be aware of the issue because the deployment folder (to test the generated output) is on another server machine so there's convoluted path selection step. Having to select the path again (and again) is unfortunate. So in my case the the rule is not broken.
It doesn't seem to matter what folder I have previously selected (and is displayed in the Deploy Path field). If I click on the field again the folder select dialog presents the default folder (Documents in Win 7) so I have to start the selection process again.
The screen shot shows the pandora app being deployed to a folder on the local d: but when the dialog is shown its back at the default folder.