Vote Rating
    rohdef is on a distinguished road

Question Unanswered: FormButtonBinding is there a replacement?

Unanswered: FormButtonBinding is there a replacement?

In the old GXT 2 days, I used FormButtonBinding a lot, to make my buttons enable and disable themselves depending on if a FormPanel was valid or invalid.

However I see that the class doesn't exist any more, and also a lot of examples have moved away from the FormPanel. That's all fine apart from two useful details: VerticalLayoutContainer does not have an isValid for fast and easy validation and the missing FormButtonBinding as previously mentioned.

I could create something similar myself, but then some questions occurs:
    • There must be a reason for moving away from FormPanel for the examples? Does it mean I shouldn't use it, unless I need to submit data to some non-GWT-service?
    • Is there a replacement for FormButtonBinding? If not there's probably a good reason for it's removal?
    • Is there a good way to achieve this functionality? Some method, class or similar I just don't find?

Vote Rating
    Answers
    PhiLho is on a distinguished road

I mentioned today GWT-Pectin which seems well suited to this usage. I don't know how it overlaps with existing validation facilities of GXT3. Disclaimer: I haven't really used this library yet, I just find the demo quite convincing...

Vote Rating

GWT-Pectin looks promising, I'll give it a try as soon as I've tested the current changes to my code

Vote Rating

On a further look it looks overly complex for what I need. It would be way faster to just extend the FormPanel and just add events to the added fields and then do the magic on those.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    iran is on a distinguished road

I miss FormButtonBinding too. Seems like we're all gonna have to do our own implementations to get that functionality... =/

Thread Participants: 2