Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    orgreeno is on a distinguished road

Default Can't view any content

Can't view any content

Just getting started and can't view any designer generated content. I have WAMP server installed and put a test project and some examples from github in the www folder. I get blank pages with empty body tags. It links to the extjs library and localhost designer.js. I must be missing something but can't figure out what. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Last edited by orgreeno; 1 Feb 2012 at 7:21 AM. Reason: typo

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bharatn is on a distinguished road

You can check the Web Inspector or any debug tool to see any javascript errors, nextwork tab if expecting response etc.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Yeah it could be a lot of things. More information could help us help you. Project preferences you can select your url prefix which helps designer know a bit more.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member j.vreeken's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    j.vreeken is on a distinguished road

Did you select a view?

In the first project i exported i also got an empty page, i noticed that the page title was the name of my project. I forgot to select a view to start with. In the project inspector panel on the right, select (A) application, in the views parameter select your viewport/form/panel or whatever you like. Last thing, tick the autoCreateViewport property to enabled.
    Then export and see if it works.

Vote Rating
    MD is on a distinguished road

I can see this as potentially being something very puzzling for anyone not savvy with Ext JS or Designer. A resultant blank page isn't very telling, and it's not immediately obvious where and what the autoCreateViewport parameter is.

Though I can be a dunce at times, I'm by no means a newcomer to Ext JS, and admittedly I was caught by this. I sat there wondering WTF was going on after repeated changes and refreshing only to end up with a blank page each time.

Perhaps adding a little tip icon beside Application in the Project Inspector might be helpful -- similar to the Initial View or Error notice icons that appear -- or even as a note in the Project Settings modal.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

The next build will have autoCreateViewport turned on by default.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Vote Rating
    yyogev is on a distinguished road

Default Same problem here

Same problem here

I followed the "Getting Started" word by word, as far as I can tell, yet when I point my browser at the designer.html using my local web server (Apache), I see a blank page.

To simplify things, I created a "Hello World" project, where I tried to just show a text inside a panel in a window. No joy. And yes - I did check the browser error console (checked in FF & Chrome, on Debian). No errors, no warnings, no messages, no debug info. Just Nothing.

Having seen what was written above, I tried to set autoCreateViewport - no good. Using a ViewPort instead of the window did not help either.

I'm sure there's something very basic I'm missing here. The point is, I have no way to tell what it is, except for maybe trying to strip down your example code, which I don't really want to do. I think a basic to-do list for starting a project would help here.

Thanks,
    Yaron Yogev

IT Software Developer

Vote Rating
    yyogev is on a distinguished road

Update: After closing & re-opening the project, I set autoCreateViewport again and this time it worked.

As I said, I think a basic to-do list for starting a project would help here. It should contain just the essentials, not a full-fledged example which makes it hard to follow once you need to get some real work done.
    A FAQ could also come in handy.

Thanks,
    Yaron Yogev

IT Software Developer

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Yeah we have a lot of getting started stuff to write. In fact I'm working on a video tutorial just now.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Vote Rating
    MD is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    The next build will have autoCreateViewport turned on by default.
    The update pushed out on Feb 15th (Sencha Designer 2.0.0 beta build 268) doesn't yet appear to have autoCreateViewport enabled by default. Is that change still forthcoming, or was it decided against for some reason?