Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    daplume is on a distinguished road

Default Unable to register ExtDesigner

Unable to register ExtDesigner

I'm having a heck of a time registering designer 1.x and getting it to run. I've been working with some folks at Sencha but we just can't seem to crack this problem.

I'm thinking a synopsis of my history might help:

1) Summer, 2011 - downloaded and installed demo version of designer 1.x on my laptop. Demo version ran fine.

2) Late fall 2011 - upgraded to new laptop.

3) December 2011 - installed Designer 1.x on my new laptop - would not run because demo period had expired. Sencha kindly extended demo period by two weeks as I submitted request to my company to purchase license. The extended demo ran fine.

4) Jan 4 - 2012 purchased and received 1.x 1-pack license from Sencha. This is when the story went bad.

5) After my install I get the registration screen - I give it my valid ID and Password and after a few moments the registration screen returns empty.

6) Sencha generates offline license - I put it in the appropriate Win7 user folder - same behavior. - Can not start designer.

7) Download Designer 2.x - I can install and run this.

8) I would really like to get 1.x running so I can interact with some of my ExtJs 3.x code.

Thanks to the Sencha folks who have been trying to help but we can't seem to make this work. I have a feeling it is something related to my two week extension of me demo.

I really need designer for some projects I'm working on and am desperate for a solution -- any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

David

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

David -

Sorry you ran into this problem. Please email designer.feedback at sencha.com so that we can get your specific issue straightened out.

Thanks,
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    BenBulbous is on a distinguished road

Default Latest results of testing

Latest results of testing

Hi Everyone -- It seems to me that there is a problem with the registration system. Since my last post here is what I've tried:

1) Installed ExtDesigner 1x on my Windows XP laptop. When I start up designer, I get the registration screen and try my username and password. The same problem occurs. I double checked my password by requesting a new password again with the same result.

2) OK, back to my development laptop ---- I created a new user and was able to register a trial version no problem.

3) I'm going to ask that Sencha completely delete my first account and move my purchased license over to my new account. I hope that works!

David

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

David if you truly want this you'll have to email designer.feedback (at) sencha -dot- com
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    BenBulbous is on a distinguished road

Default Yes, that might be good....

Yes, that might be good....

Hi Phil

Ok, what next? I have contacted designer feedback but have heard nothing in return.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

I sent you a PM
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect