I'm having a heck of a time registering designer 1.x and getting it to run. I've been working with some folks at Sencha but we just can't seem to crack this problem.
I'm thinking a synopsis of my history might help:
1) Summer, 2011 - downloaded and installed demo version of designer 1.x on my laptop. Demo version ran fine.
2) Late fall 2011 - upgraded to new laptop.
3) December 2011 - installed Designer 1.x on my new laptop - would not run because demo period had expired. Sencha kindly extended demo period by two weeks as I submitted request to my company to purchase license. The extended demo ran fine.
4) Jan 4 - 2012 purchased and received 1.x 1-pack license from Sencha. This is when the story went bad.
5) After my install I get the registration screen - I give it my valid ID and Password and after a few moments the registration screen returns empty.
6) Sencha generates offline license - I put it in the appropriate Win7 user folder - same behavior. - Can not start designer.
7) Download Designer 2.x - I can install and run this.
8) I would really like to get 1.x running so I can interact with some of my ExtJs 3.x code.
Thanks to the Sencha folks who have been trying to help but we can't seem to make this work. I have a feeling it is something related to my two week extension of me demo.
I really need designer for some projects I'm working on and am desperate for a solution -- any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Hi Everyone -- It seems to me that there is a problem with the registration system. Since my last post here is what I've tried:
1) Installed ExtDesigner 1x on my Windows XP laptop. When I start up designer, I get the registration screen and try my username and password. The same problem occurs. I double checked my password by requesting a new password again with the same result.
2) OK, back to my development laptop ---- I created a new user and was able to register a trial version no problem.
3) I'm going to ask that Sencha completely delete my first account and move my purchased license over to my new account. I hope that works!