Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gypsie will become famous soon enough

Default iPhone app update with localstorage

iPhone app update with localstorage

Could anyone tell me what happens to data in local storage when iPhone app is updated through the Apple's app store? Will the data persist after the update or will it get errased? thanks

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

It should persist. If you deleted the app then localstorage would be erased also.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    moby_dick is on a distinguished road

Default Data lost

Data lost

Hello,

at this moment I launched a new version of my app at the app store. But after some users updated my app they told me that the storage was flushed? Will this happen now every time if I provide an update??

I'm using ST2 -> localstorage

Greets
    Tim

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Möhre will become famous soon enough

Probably the new iOS was the reason:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?188163-iOS-5.1-Native-and-LocalStorage-(And-SQLite)

S
    encha Touch 2.0.0/2.0.1 has no solution, but Phonegap has.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Example

Example

Hello Möhre,

thank you. This pointed me in the right direction. Do you got an example how to use phonegap localstorage instead of ST2 localstorage?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default ST2 using window.localstorage?

ST2 using window.localstorage?

Ok, I think I got it.

ST2 uses window.localstorage to access the webkit localstorage. And if I wrap my ST2 app with phonegap, I automatically make use of phonegaps localstorage functionallity. So if I implement phonegap 1.7.0 instead of phonegap 1.5.0 the problem should be solved, right?

Sorry for this question, but I didn't found any solution to test if my next update will flush the localstorage again... and my users will kill me if it do so!

Cheers Tim