Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mtraynham is on a distinguished road

I understand the concepts described above, but when you download the src for GXT 3.0, where do all the css files live that the Blue appearances point to? Images as well? Are those only included in the jar?

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

The jar contains the css and images, in addition to compiled class files and the original java files. We use GWT's ClientBundle to compile in these resources - it inlines small images into the download for some browser, sprite them where necessary for others, and will make certain guarantees for our CSS files as well, such as unique class names.

The zip download so far hasn't had the images included in the src/ directories, but we're working to fix that for the next release. Remember though that a .jar file is just a .zip file - you can extract the contents yourself to get at the real images and css files.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Thanks for the reply Colin. Since the Blue theme is a great starting point, I was planning on copying the entire theme and modifying css/images to get a general custom look and feel, while maintaining the overall sleak GXT look. I would assume others might do the same.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I have a quick question regarding the GWT maven plugin and compiling a ClientBundle project as suggested above.

I've basically duplicated the "Blue" style project into a separate maven project (deploy as Jar instead of War) that I will restyle, yet somethings are a bit weird when I include them back into my original (War) project.

The pom I have setup for the style only project has this gwt-maven-plugin configuration:

Code:

<plugins>            <plugin>
                    <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                    <artifactId>gwt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                    <version>2.4.0</version>
                    <executions>
                        <execution>
                            <goals>
                                <goal>resources</goal>
                            </goals>
                        </execution>
                    </executions>
                </plugin>
    When I import the style project into my War project, I get all these errors similar to the ones below:

[INFO] Computing all possible rebind results for 'client.slider.BlueSliderHorizontalAppearance.BlueSliderHorizontalResources'[INFO] Rebinding client.slider.BlueSliderHorizontalAppearance.BlueSliderHorizontalResources
    [INFO] Invoking generator com.google.gwt.resources.rebind.context.InlineClientBundleGenerator
    [INFO] Preparing method style
    [INFO] Finding resources
    [INFO] [ERROR] Resource BlueSliderHorizontal.css not found. Is the name specified as Class.getResource() would expect?
    [INFO] Preparing method thumbHorizontal
    [INFO] Finding resources
    [INFO] [ERROR] No com.google.gwt.resources.client.ClientBundle$Source annotation and no resources found with default extensions
    [INFO] Preparing method thumbHorizontalDown
    [INFO] Finding resources
    [INFO] [ERROR] No com.google.gwt.resources.client.ClientBundle$Source annotation and no resources found with default extensions
    [INFO] Preparing method thumbHorizontalOver
    [INFO] Finding resources
    [INFO] Preparing method trackHorizontalLeft
    [INFO] Finding resources
    [INFO] Preparing method trackHorizontalMiddle
    [INFO] Finding resources
    [INFO] Preparing method trackHorizontalRight
    [INFO] Finding resources
    I know I'm doing something wrong because it seems that my War project is trying to build the style resource project. Any ideas?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I see had to add resource dependencies within maven. Solved my own issue