Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    scheid is on a distinguished road

Default Easiest way to load external html content into a view

Easiest way to load external html content into a view

Hi All,

I'm using Sencha Touch 2 pr4. I have a number of views that will need to be just plain, static html. They won't have any controls, interactivity, etc. I have been attempting to load these into a ext.panel, thinking that there is a method in the panel class to do this, like 'loadContent' or something like that, but I haven't found one yet. Does an easy method exist for that? I've seen posts involving creating functions to load the content via ajax, but seems like a lot of people would need just plain html views like I do.

Also, if not with a panel, is there a way to define a view that is just plain html, not using a panel?

Sorry if this is an obvious question; I'm still a bit of a noob.

Thanks.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You should be able to do an Ajax request if it is same domain
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    scheid is on a distinguished road

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks. So is that the only way to accomplish it? I'm probably going to be having a lot of these types of views in the future, so I want to figure out the cleanest way to do it.

Is there a way that html content from a URL can be it's own view, or does a view have to descend from a container, panel, etc. ?

Thread Participants: 1