Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    worldblender is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: list can't be scrolled or selected

Answered: list can't be scrolled or selected

I have a simple app with a list that used to scroll and behave great. But now after switching to ST2, the list doesn't scroll and its items are not selectable. Below is the relevant code. Any ideas?

Code:
    new Ext.application({
      name: 'testapp',
      launch: function() {
        mainPanel = new Ext.Panel({
          fullscreen: true,
          layout: 'card',
          cardSwitchAnimation: 'slide',
          items: [frontPanel, backPanel]
        });
      }
    });

var frontPanel = new Ext.form.FormPanel({
      layout: 'fit',
      items: [{
        xtype: 'list',
        scrollable: 'vertical',
        store: attrs,
        itemTpl: '{attribute}'
      }]
    });
    I'm on ST2 Beta 1, and I've tested this on Android 2.3.6, Chrome, and iPod Touch v2

2. Are you creating your formpanel outside the launch method? If so, you shouldn't.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Are you creating your formpanel outside the launch method? If so, you shouldn't.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

actually moving it into the launch function solved my problem. I never had to do this before in ST1, and it's kind of dirty -- now I'll have hundreds of lines of code in that one function.

you can mark this answered

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by worldblender View Post
    actually moving it into the launch function solved my problem. I never had to do this before in ST1, and it's kind of dirty -- now I'll have hundreds of lines of code in that one function.

you can mark this answered
    You should really use Ext.define to create all your classes and use xtypes (or xclass) in the items array in the config object. You would then have a single Viewport that would create it's items.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

One thing I noticed is that when scrolling, my finger actually shifts the whole panel up or down. Basically, the bottom of the list is pushed up while I scroll up, and the top of the list is pushed down while I scroll down. It's pretty jarring. Have you seen this?

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I found the solution to my previous problem too: I set the parent of the list (the FormPanel) to scrollable: false

Hope this helps someone :-)

Thread Participants: 1