Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    bdvr is on a distinguished road

Default Overriding the default CSS

Overriding the default CSS

I'm aware that Designer doesn't yet support custom theme editing in the app, but is it possible to use a stylesheet created outside of Designer? My app has a lot of CSS/SASS for custom UI elements as well as overrides of Sencha's theme CSS. Without these custom styles, nothing looks right at all.

I went into the designer html file and changed the URL of the default CSS file to my own, but that didn't seem to work, and of course designer will overwrite any changes I make to that file. I suppose I could do some DNS magic to make it pull the CSS file from my own web server, but would my CSS show up in Designer even then?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

The current preferred mechanism to do this is to make a duplicate of designer.html named index.html or whatever you would like and then link in your additional css/javascript files.

In an auto-update coming to you in the near future, you will have the ability to link in additional CSS via a project setting.

In an auto-update in the far future, you will have the ability to manage your external resources JavaScript and CSS from within a Resource Manager in the Designer.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Thanks for your response, Aconran. So, to clarify, are you saying that creating another HTML file will allow Designer to render my custom CSS in place of the default CSS? I didn't have much luck with that. Or are you saying that the new HTML file will be used only when running my app in a browser, and there is no way to make designer use any CSS other than the default?

If the latter is true, will the "near future" update allow allow Designer to render custom CSS?

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by bdvr View Post
    are you saying that creating another HTML file will allow Designer to render my custom CSS in place of the default CSS?
    No.

Or are you saying that the new HTML file will be used only when running my app in a browser, and there is no way to make designer use any CSS other than the default?
    Correct.

If the latter is true, will the "near future" update allow allow Designer to render custom CSS?
    No, it will not. It will just let you link your assets into the exported designer.html file. There are plans for lots of improvements in the area of custom styling within the application but for now you will have to check it out in the browser.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

That helps--thanks for taking the time to explain.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    meander365 is on a distinguished road

Has there been any improvements to viewing custom themes in Architect?

Or is the preferred method still what is described above?

Thanks...

Vote Rating

The preferred method is currently by adding a CSS Resource and then setting the proper url.

You can click the + on the Inspector, then go to Resources, then click CSS.

Select the new css node in the inspector. You can use a relative url or an absolute url. If you use a relative url, the urlPrefix will need to be setup in the Project Settings properly.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    meander365 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply; yep saw that resource option and added accordingly.

It does work, but the app still loads sencha-touch.css which is not needed if I'm including all the default styles in my SASS scss theme.

Any advice?

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by aarron View Post
    Thanks for the reply; yep saw that resource option and added accordingly.

It does work, but the app still loads sencha-touch.css which is not needed if I'm including all the default styles in my SASS scss theme.

Any advice?
    As a workaround for now you will just have to make a copy of app.html and manually remove it. I know this answer sucks

In the future, you will be able to uncheck "Include CSS" or "Include JS" at the library level. This is specifically to cope with the problem you are presenting here.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Zachary1748 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    As a workaround for now you will just have to make a copy of app.html and manually remove it. I know this answer sucks

In the future, you will be able to uncheck "Include CSS" or "Include JS" at the library level. This is specifically to cope with the problem you are presenting here.
    Hey Aaron,

Has there been any update to this in Sencha Architect 2? I would really like to use my own css and not sencha-touch.css without having to upgrade to Sencha Architect 3.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar