Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for a bug in our system in a recent build.
    Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    paucarre is on a distinguished road

Default Filter in paging grids

Filter in paging grids

In a paging grid, when filters are added the result is a useless grid: it shows as many pages as initially but all of them are empty but those that have a row that matches the pattern. This is useless from the usability point of view.
    What I think it should do is group all rows that match the pattern of the filter an then paginate those rows.
    In fact, I think the right way to implement this is by adding the filtering information in the loading system just as you do with the sorting. This way the server-side could do the filtering so the client did not have to do that effort.
    It is to say, add a field in a class that extends from ListLoadConfig that has the filtering information, just as you have for the 2.x version (FilterPagingLoadConfig)

Vote Rating
    icfantv will become famous soon enough icfantv will become famous soon enough

Question

How did you get a paging grid working with filtering? When I bind the loader on my paging tool bar it complains about the signature.

Here's what I have:

Code:
        RpcProxy<FilterPagingLoadConfig, PagingLoadResult<M>> proxy =
          new RpcProxy<FilterPagingLoadConfig, PagingLoadResult<M>>() {

@Override
            public void load(FilterPagingLoadConfig loadConfig,
                             AsyncCallback<PagingLoadResult<M>> callback) {
              proxyCallback.execute(loadConfig, callback); // my own invocation...
            }
          };

final PagingLoader<FilterPagingLoadConfig, PagingLoadResult<M>> loader =
          new PagingLoader<FilterPagingLoadConfig, PagingLoadResult<M>>(proxy);
        loader.setRemoteSort(true);
        loader.addLoadHandler(new LoadResultListStoreBinding<FilterPagingLoadConfig, M, PagingLoadResult<M>>(this.listStore));

PagingToolBar pagingToolBar = new PagingToolBar(20);
        pagingToolBar.getElement().getStyle().setProperty("borderBottom", "none");
        pagingToolBar.bind(loader); // compiler error
    The error is:

bind(PagingLoadConfig) cannot be applied to bind(FilterPagingLoadConfig). A cast did not fix the issue - probably because a FilterPagingLoadConfig is a PagingLoadConfig.

Thanks,

--adam

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

icfantv: The generics issue should be better in beta3 - give that a try, see if that helps.

paucarre: can you post a simple entrypoint that is wiring up the paging/filtering and drawing blank pages - the example at http://sencha.com/examples-dev/#Exam...motefiltergrid seems to be doing this, though there are only two pages, filtering a column reduces it to one column. An example you can offer demonstrating this issue would be helpful for us.

Vote Rating
    icfantv will become famous soon enough icfantv will become famous soon enough

Colin-

Beta3 fixed this. Thanks.

Thread Participants: 2