Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light

Default Ext.draw - SvgExporter question

Ext.draw - SvgExporter question

I thought I had a pretty good understanding how singletons are implemented in Ext... but the drawing package has some advanced uses...

.. take a look at the Ext.draw.engine.SvgExporter singleton... you will seen that all code is static, yet this is a singleton... and here's how it's used:

Code:
    var svgString = Ext.draw.engine.SvgExporter.self.generate({}, surface);
    Why this design? Why SvgExporter is a singleton since all code is class code?

I find the self usage very interesting...

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Not the way I would have done it.... put it in the statics and within a closure, just seems unneeded to me but I'm not the author so maybe this convention was forced.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Not the way I would have done it.... put it in the statics and within a closure, just seems unneeded to me but I'm not the author so maybe this convention was forced.
    The singleton part is interesting... w/o the singleton there would be no need to refer to self, which makes me wonder why singleton was used... This is probably the most interesting Ext code I have seen

Thread Participants: 1