Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

And yes - we should document this config. It was intended to be public.
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    themightychris will become famous soon enough themightychris will become famous soon enough

xhooks would be very useful to have in anything that supports config. My use case is in overriding methods of the configurable-sub components of a component i'm already subclassing. e.g. the proxy in a store, the tab bar in a tabpanel, an animation in a layout, etc. It is messy having to create separate classes just to hook into a template method or two cleanly when the config will only be used in one place.
    Chief Architect @ Jarv.us Innovations
    Co-captain @ Code for Philly
    Co-founder @ Devnuts - Philadelphia Hackerspace

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

I moved this thread from the now read-only prerelease forum... apologies if you may have tried to reply.

Yes the ability to do this kind of thing at deeper levels would be useful as well. In many of those cases, there may first need to be support for passing in configs for those nested components, but I can see the usefulness of it.

Thanks!
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"