Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    clarose is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Playbook device usability/performance

Answered: Playbook device usability/performance

Hi,

I noticed that the performance of my ST 2.0 Beta1 application is not good compared to ST 1.1 on the Playbook (OS 2.0 Beta) device.

Here are some issues I have seen with ST 2.0 Beta1 on Playbook (OS 2.0 Beta):
    1. When tapping on any UI component, I have a hard time getting my tap "recognized". I end up having to tap 4-5 times (sometimes more) before the actual action gets triggered (i.e.: list item selection, button click, etc). It's as if the application is really sensitive to any movement (up/down, left/right) of the finger when tapping, which makes the UI behave as if the tap was really a touchmove/touchstart event. The same behavior can be seen in the Kitchen Sink 2.0 application.
    2. Also, there is a certain lag in the animations, but this is not as much of a problem as # 1.
    With ST 1.1, issue # 1 is not a problem, the UI components react to the tap event and the animations are more fluid.

I've seen posts on the forum about Playbook performance improvements not being in the short term roadmap of ST 2.0, but I wanted to know if there was an update on this topic for ST 2.0 Beta2 or for the official release of ST 2.0. Are there any usability/performance improvements planned in the upcoming versions of ST 2.0 for the Playbook device ?

The main reason I am asking is because I am seriously considering down-porting my app from 2.0 to 1.1 in order to have a better user experience on the Playbook device.

Thank you for your time

2. We are planning on adding support for the Playbook after 2.0 GA.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, Playbook OS 2 is not currently supported.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    clarose is on a distinguished road

Do you know if there is any plan to support it in the future ?
    I mean, the only reason why I am using the PB OS 2 Beta is because ST 2.0 does not run at all on the PB OS 1.x (my 2.0 app and the Kitchen Sink 2.0 demo app crash on OS 1.x)

Thanks

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    TommyMaintz will become famous soon enough

We are planning on adding support for the Playbook after 2.0 GA.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    vishalp83 is on a distinguished road

Hi all, are there any updates on this? Is there better visibility on when the PlayBook support would be added?

Thanks,
    Vishal

Vote Rating
    zigguratt is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by vishalp83 View Post
    Hi all, are there any updates on this? Is there better visibility on when the PlayBook support would be added?

Thanks,
    Vishal
    +1

I'm developing an app right now that will primarily be run on the PlayBook. I would love to know when it will be officially supported.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar