View Poll Results: Do you think this is an improvement over the current UI?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • This is better than the current UI

31 73.81%
  • I like it better the way it is now

9 21.43%
  • It doesn't matter, it looks the same to me

2 4.76%
    Vote Rating
    hotdp will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter@buxtonco.com View Post
    Any chance we will be able to import or change colors for the text editor? I miss the dark background!
    I also don't like all that white. Its killing my eyes...
    When editing code its very unclear white. When using it for 8 hours a day its not very good.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    CFHMC is on a distinguished road

Keep the UI as it currently is please. When creating a new project I live in the project Inspector and config panel. Having them close together reduces my spatial movements which saves me time.

Please please please change the text editor colors back! Using designer 2 all day with the white background is rough.

Thank you

Vote Rating
    MD is on a distinguished road

+1 for swapping Project Inspector to the left and Toolbox to the right

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    marc.fearby will become famous soon enough

I'm pretty happy the way things are, layout-wise. I'd much prefer some improvements are made to things like user-configurable preferences, such as code font name/size customisation, turning on/off that white line at 80 chars, making the Hide Inherited/Hide Unset Configs options a one-click process via tiny buttons right-aligned in the component config header, etc.

Having it remember which categories in the component config that I typically shrink so I don't see all their options would be awesome. I hate having to scroll through heaps of rows to find the ones I use 95% of the time. So, for combo boxes, for example, I'd love it if it remembered that I always shrink Ext.form.field.Trigger, Ext.AbstractComponent, Ext.util.Floating, and others that I hardly ever touch but have to scroll through. Regardless, I think that "displayField" and "valueField" really should be listed in the common group at the top of the component config for a combo box.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    pdm is on a distinguished road

personally I find the property inspector the most cramped and hardest to navigate. The Toolbox has it's collapsible category thing which breaks it down while I'm getting used to it, and the Project inspector only grows as I add to the project and remains pretty airy and uncluttered. But properties is a densely-packed myriad of mysteriously named and dangerously powerful interrelated widgets. The flyouts are a good start to quelling this terror, but it's the one I'd most like to make much bigger while I browse it.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    markofsine is on a distinguished road

Default +1 vote for keeping as is

+1 vote for keeping as is

Mainly as this is what we are now used to....

If you change it:
    50% will not be happy because it changed.
    25% will not be happy because it has not changed to the way they want it.
    15% will not be happy because the tool panels are not dockable.
    5% who were on the fence and it does not matter where they are.
    Leaving 5% that are mostly happy that it has changed... but it was not that bad to start with.

But we definitely need dockable / hideable and floatable tool panels. Then people can customize to whatever they are comfortable with whether they have an eclipse or Visual Studio background.

Also, I would suggest this is of a lower priority and whoever is working on this can probably be utilized else where....

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Sottilde will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by hotdp View Post
    I also don't like all that white. Its killing my eyes...
    When editing code its very unclear white. When using it for 8 hours a day its not very good.
    This is most important for me. The contrast appears to be even worse on Ubuntu but it's pretty bad on the Windows version too. We really need customizable colors for this application because the Snow theme just completely trashed the contrast in some areas, like the code view and the flyout menus.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    petecis is on a distinguished road

Would be nice to have the ability to choose the theme. I really dislike the snow theme. Something as simple as a choice between light or dark might be nice. Some, like Visual studio have a huge selection for customization, but takes me a long time to configure unless I remember to export my config from another machine. Having 2 or more "themes" to start with would be nice. Potentially more options later would be good too, but not nearly as high importance for me than being able to move away from a bright theme to a dark one.