Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mayoimichi is on a distinguished road

Question hiding all column in ColumnModel with CheckboxSelectionModel

hiding all column in ColumnModel with CheckboxSelectionModel

Hi, I'm using ColumnModel with CheckboxSelectionModel in my gridpanel. This is my source code:
    Code:
    return new Ext.grid.ColumnModel([
        new Ext.grid.CheckboxSelectionModel({checkOnly: true}),
        {
            header: 'filename',
            dataIndex: 'filename',
            width: 120
        },{
            header: 'filepath'
            dataIndex: 'path',
            width: 270
        }
    ]);
    It works well. But when I uncheck all fields on the menu of ColumnModel, some problem happened. I can never check my field back, because I cannot open the menu of ColumnModel.

The design of ColumnModel do not allow to uncheck all fields on the menu of ColumnModel and leaving last one field on it. But CheckboxSelectionModel is one member Column of ColumnModel. I can uncheck all fields except CheckboxSelectionModel.

For ColumnModel, there is still one field left on the ColumnModel, but CheckboxSelectionModel disabled the menu of Column. I can't get other fields back by checking the field on the menu.

I must missed some property or some technique. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have an error?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mayoimichi is on a distinguished road

No, there is no error. But this behavior would bothering user.
    Once all columns were hided manually except CheckboxSelectionModel itself, which is not hidable with column menu disabled, we can never show/un-hide any column back because we don't have column menu to click and check.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    birula is on a distinguished road

In version 4.x behavior was changed by not allowing all columns to be hidden [1].
    I wonder how it was implemented and whether it is possible to replicate to version 3.4?

Thank you.

[1] - http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.1...d-plugins.html