Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    r_honey is on a distinguished road

Default Beta1 - Custom config items not applied to Component

Beta1 - Custom config items not applied to Component

I am not sure if this is a bug or a design change, but it certainly seems like a major breaking change.
    Traditionally Ext and Touch used to apply a Component's config to the Component itself, e.g.:

Code:
    new Ext.Panel({
      title: 'My title',
      customKey: customVal
    });
    After instantization, both title and customKey fields were available on Panel directly.

Touch 2 Preview releases changed the config behavior where configuration is applied with an underscore which I understand is a private detail, and one should use getters/setters to access the config option.

But custom values were still applied to the component directly, so customKey was still available on Ext.Panel. This seems to have changed in Beta 1 and customKey is no longer applied to a component, its only available through initialConfig.

This potentially is a major breaking change that can a very large portion of codebase built on Touch (it has certainly done so for mine).

Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

This will work with deprecation included though it is not something we encourage. You can always check the config object for these properties if you need to use them.

Sencha Inc

Jamie Avins

@jamieavins

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I think I understand (and even agree with you) on that count Jamie. But this is something Ext and Touch (and basically javascript based development) had encouraged for a long time. In my case alone, I am staring at tens of thousands of broken lines of code due to this issue.

Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

Does this work with compatibility turned on?

Sencha Inc

Jamie Avins

@jamieavins

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi Jamie, I am not turning on the compatibility in an attempt to make my code forward compatible with upcoming changes.
    I have been able to workaround this with some custom code that I would post for others to use.

Thread Participants: 1