Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

3rd party user extensions are a ways out. You can always add custom code to implement these sorts of things.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member j.vreeken's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    j.vreeken is on a distinguished road

I did get things started. In my "8 Feb 2012 2:13 AM" post, i wrote that the last step had to be hand-implemented. There is a way around this.

In my specific case, in Designer, i deleted the Grouping Feature from my grid and manually added it this way:

In designer, select the grid and add the features property by typing in "features" in the "Component Config" box and click the "Add" button.

Now paste the following code for the freshly created "features" property:

Code:
    [
      {
        ftype: 'filters',
        encode: false,
        local: false
      },
      {
        ftype: 'grouping',
        depthToIndent: 17,
        enableGroupingMenu: true,
        enableNoGroups: true,
        groupByText: 'Op dit veld groeperen',
        groupHeaderTpl: 'Groep: {name}',
        hideGroupedHeader: false,
        showGroupsText: 'Toon in groepen',
        startCollapsed: true
      }
    ]
    After saving and deploying the project, the grid filters work!

There...is...however...one...big...caveat...

You will get an overload of messages in the designer about missing the filters class.

An error occured
    Ext.Loader is not enabled, so dependencies cannot be resolved
    dynamically. Missing required class: feature.filters

Source Class: Ext.Loader
    Source Method: require

You can click it away, but you can't ignore it.

This has to do with the fact i placed the Ext.Loader and Ext.Require stuff in my custom filters.js file. Designer, of cause, has no notice of that fact.
    Attached Images

Vote Rating

Default One more thing:

One more thing:

My goal is to implement grid filtering using the Sencha Designer, without hand-editing anything after deployment of the project. Using the method i described, that is all you will get.

Grid filters are not "working" in Designer (for now?), heck none of the UX's do. But you can implement them so they work after deployment.

That said, i would love to know how to get rid of the "annoying, screen-overlaying, only-closable-by-mouse-click (must admit, nicely drawn, but that's beside the point!)" - error-box!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    CaliLuke is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by j.vreeken View Post
    That said, i would love to know how to get rid of the "annoying, screen-overlaying, only-closable-by-mouse-click (must admit, nicely drawn, but that's beside the point!)" - error-box!
    LOL! We'll work on something, we do understand custom UXs are a fundamental part of our ecosystem. Your problem is on the radar, for GA we will try to at least be less annoying about that, I think some of the changes we're working on will take care of that at least partially.
    --
    Luca Candela
    twitter: @luckymethod

Vote Rating
    abarash is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Luca (& rest of team!).

I'm confused: while grid filters are in the UX directory, there are official demos showing how to use it and the code is provided with Ext JS. To me, that wouldn't seem like a "custom UX" or a "3rd party user extension" or really a user-extension at all - doesn't that make it part of the product? I guess I'm unclear on why there's a divide between parts in one directory that ship with the product and are included in demos/etc and parts in another directory that ship with the product and are included in demos but then not officially supported by other parts of the company (Designer). Can you help me understand what's going on here?

Vote Rating

Many thanx in advance Luca and team! I realy like the new Designer, it has so much potential, thanx for that!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    frb is on a distinguished road

this feature request not implemented in 2.0?
    how to use IconCombo extension(http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...1184-IconCombo) with Architect?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

You can include the necessary resources for icon combo via a resource and then use the icon combo via an override.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    frb is on a distinguished road

can you provide complete example or howto?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    klaus@seitenzeiger.de is on a distinguished road

Default bump

bump

Hello Forum, hallo ExtJs Team,

(my first post here..:-)

Yes, it would be really nice to have some examples. For people who are new in EJ.4.X and A.2. it is difficult to figure everything out. We look the dokus, the examples and have sometimes no idea how to bring everything together with our targets.

OK, we have to use "overrides". We read the dokus, the examples and some books, but at the end we know the same like at the start ... It is not visible which class and function (and how) we have to override if we want to reach some simple things like gridfilter or google maps (Gmap), (.. or other).

The examples I found are all very cryptic....

Let's say I have made in Architect 2:
    1. A model (Ext.data.Model)
    2. A store (Ext.data.JsonStore) with a proxy (Ext.data.proxy.Ajax) with a reader (Ext.data.reader.Json) (remote)
    3. A gridPanel (Ext.grid.Panel) with some Columns (Ext.grid.column.Column).
    Wich of this things I have to promote to a class and to override, and what I have to write in the override-function to get a simple filter, showed it so lot of examples, like here:

Custom Grid Filters Example

Thx for audience.

:-)