Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Is that the full name of the class, 'AppName.AppView'? If so, did you add a path to tell Ext.Loader that AppName needs to resolve to 'app1' folder?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    widged is on a distinguished road

app1 is my bad. I did rename the folder app1 but one above, as I was wondering where that 'app' came from.

The real problem is the insertion of /view/ in the path. I have the minimum code needed to replicate the issue on github.
    • Launch custom-path/ index-2p3.html, which points to touch 2 preview 3, and all is fine.
    • Launch custom-path/index-2b3.html, which points to touch 2 beta 3, and you get the load error.
    Hoping this helps

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for posting code on github. I would be cautious with putting the framework up on github though.

The reason for this is that MVC got a makeover in PR4 and the views config in the controller was removed. I think it is being added back in for the next release.

Also note that refs went under some changes and is now placed within the config object.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    widged is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I had checked the source code for the controller class after posting my reply and came across 'Ext.Logger.deprecate('\'views\' is deprecated as a property directly on the ' + this.$className + ' prototype. Please move it ' + 'to Ext.application({ views: ... }) instead');'. It showed in the raw code but not in the debug-all class.

As this message and your reply indicates, moving views from controller to application does indeed solve the problem. Thanks for that.

Allowing views to be declared back in controllers would be more handy indeed. I am perfectly aware that Sencha is a framework for mobile applications and guidelines state clearly that you should ever aim to write a small application to run on a mobile device. But Sencha is trying to convince Flex developers that Sencha offers a viable alternative to Flex, which enabled more complex applications.

Adding the libs on github. The repository was meant to be temporary only, to be deleted once getting some feedback. Is adding the framework against the license? Your licensing page lists an Open Source License option. A lot of ext resources on github don't include the framework and, given the lack of backwards compatibility between different versions of Sencha, it is not easy to figure out which version of the library should be used to run the code, easily leading to a bad first impression. Do you have a CDN or equivalent system in place, so that it is possible to refer to a remove version of a specific version of Sencha rather than a local file?

Thread Participants: 2