Vote Rating
    hotdp will become famous soon enough

Question A Project that went blank.

A Project that went blank.

Hey,
    I have created a ST2 project. Added a lot of views and a store and model. Everything looks OK. I added the project folder to SVN for backup.
    If I export the project folder and open the project file. The project is empty?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

hotdp -

In Designer 2.0 a project encompasses an entire directory. There is a hidden .metadata folder that must go along with the project in order for it to work. This makes it easier for multiple people to collaborate on the same project and work with source control.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    hotdp -

In Designer 2.0 a project encompasses an entire directory. There is a hidden .metadata folder that must go along with the project in order for it to work. This makes it easier for multiple people to collaborate on the same project and work with source control.
    Aaron once again thank you for the reply.
    Where is this hidden .metadata folder? I think I comitted the whole project folder.

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

It will be within the project folder.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Vote Rating

I did not include the .meta folder.

The problem is now solved after including it.

Vote Rating

Great. We are having some internal discussions about making the metadata directory not hidden which could ease the on-ramp to designer.

What we want to ensure is that users understand that these are designers own private files and modifying them by hand may break your project!
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Thread Participants: 1