Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Vote Rating
    2b3pro is on a distinguished road

Question AjaxProxy - "noCache" causing error message

AjaxProxy - "noCache" causing error message

I just simply want to pull from from a server-generated json result without any added parameters to my URL So I did the following:
    • unchecked "noCache"
    • checked "remoteFilter"
    • checked "remoteGroup"
    • checked "remoteSort"
    A connection is made with the server, and the access logs shows the URL request giving a 200 code, so all seems OK on the server end. HOWEVER, in Designer 2 beta... I get this error when Load Data from the data store... why?

*** This error doesn't happen if "noCache" is checked. The server, however, cannot process the query with _dc on the query string.

Screen shot 2012-02-09 at 6.19.14 PM.png

Vote Rating

Suggestions for a work-around? Right now, I'm stopped in my tracks as I cannot acquire data for the store.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

The simple workaround is just not to click Load Data.

Clicking Load Data doesn't do anything to your application source code or the application itself it just allows you to view the data within the designer.

That being said, I cannot reproduce this behavior here. Could you give us some more information about the JSON/XML being returned etc?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating

Hi Aaron, thank you for your reply.

The request is pulling from a Filemaker backend (on Mac OS Server) using XSLT to JSON generated from this: http://sixfriedrice.com/wp/products/...son-converter/

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

If you can provide us some scrubbed static data that reproduces the issue, it would be very helpful.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ewan is on a distinguished road

Default noCache

noCache

I recognize what the OP's talking about, I think.

My data service, like the OP's, is very strict about parsing the query string. If it is presented with a query string field name that it doesn't recognize, it throws an HTTP 403 forbidden error. (The error is seen when you inspect the response headers in, say, chrome.) Clearly, '_dc' is not recognized by the server. As far as I can tell, the OP is simply asking how to switch off the infernal '_dc' piece of the query string.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by ewan View Post
    As far as I can tell, the OP is simply asking how to switch off the infernal '_dc' piece of the query string.
    By turning off the noCache option.

From reading above now it actually looks like this is a non-issue. From my understanding, the server-side will not allow you to pass the additional unknown parameter _dc (abbreviation for disable caching). When noCache is turned on the server-side will throw an error. The error that is being shown is the error that the server-side is returning.

When turning off noCache it will not send the _dc attribute and the server-side will properly return the data. Closing this ticket. If there is more please let us know and we can re-open it.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    By turning off the noCache option.

From reading above now it actually looks like this is a non-issue. From my understanding, the server-side will not allow you to pass the additional unknown parameter _dc (abbreviation for disable caching). When noCache is turned on the server-side will throw an error. The error that is being shown is the error that the server-side is returning.

When turning off noCache it will not send the _dc attribute and the server-side will properly return the data. Closing this ticket. If there is more please let us know and we can re-open it.
    I'm aware of what turning off noCache will do. What I explained was, doing so, I get that error displayed when I hit LOAD DATA. You recommended I not use LOAD DATA. Fine, but that doesn't help me to figure out if the server is pulling the necessary information and is processing correctly.

I have since given up trying to resolve this matter, so feel free to close this as you wish. But the situation still remains. I was trying to see if Sencha Designer would be a tool I could use for my projects. Unfortunately, no...

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by 2b3pro View Post
    I have since given up trying to resolve this matter, so feel free to close this as you wish. But the situation still remains. I was trying to see if Sencha Designer would be a tool I could use for my projects. Unfortunately, no...
    I'm trying to understand what the problem is so that we can get it fixed for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b3pro View Post
    I'm aware of what turning off noCache will do. What I explained was, doing so, I get that error displayed when I hit LOAD DATA. You recommended I not use LOAD DATA. Fine, but that doesn't help me to figure out if the server is pulling the necessary information and is processing correctly.
    The only reason I suggested not using it is that you were getting an error returned. I don't understand where the error is coming from but it sounds like you are returning back an error code from your server when the _dc param is there.

Therefore it sounds like its acting as designed. Could you give me some more details so that I can understand the problem?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    Could you give me some more details so that I can understand the problem?
    Honestly, I'm not sure what else to say than my original post. I was as clear as I could be. The error that comes up is rather cryptic. What is "undefined" and "line 0" of what?

I think maybe what is wrong is ... there's something wrong with the JSON string being parsed, and the dialogue is referring to the JSON result. That third-party FM2JSON may be the culprit.

I just tried the Filemaker/XSLT/XML version and it seems to pull correctly.

Anyway, thank you for trying to help me. I do very much appreciate it, Aaron.

Thread Participants: 2