Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    kevhender is on a distinguished road

Default Nightly builds - what branch are they coming from?

Nightly builds - what branch are they coming from?

I posted this a couple of days ago in the SVN/git thread but can't seem to get any response from Sencha unless I push very hard and post everything multiple times. Very frustrating!

My question is, are these nightly builds really the very latest code for 4.1 beta3? I have been monitoring several bugs that have been marked as "fixed" that are still not working correctly using the nightly builds:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?177623
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?176903
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?176886

In fact, there doesn't seem to be any indication that the files that obviously need to be changed to fix these bugs have been changed. Is this really the latest and greatest every night, or is there another SVN branch that we're just not getting? Thanks.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

They should be off our latest internal code in the 4.1.0 branch
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    kevhender is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    They should be off our latest internal code in the 4.1.0 branch
    So if that is the case, and those bugs are marked as "fixed in 4.1 Beta 3," shouldn't the fixes be in those nightly builds by now? Because they definitely are not... Thanks again.

Vote Rating
    cabal is on a distinguished road

My bug (with tooltip and showAt) is also marked as resolved in beta3, but it's still not working in any nightly build.
    Another bad sign is the fact, that there is no changelog for any build after the beta2 was released...

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

Fixes have been sent to the main repo, they may not have necessarily been merged in yet.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Vote Rating
    cabal is on a distinguished road

So what is the purpose of nightly builds if they are not synchronized with the repo?
    They were to be replacement for not working svn access (to 4.1 branch), and now they are not working as expected...

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

Fixes don't get merged into the main repo straight away, usually it happens within the day the fix is made, however we've got a bit of a backlog at the moment. The nightly build comes from the main repo.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Ext JS Premium Member tvanzoelen's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about

How do I get access to the beta3 branche?

This one I can access, https://svn.sencha.com/svn/sdk/branches/ext-4.1-beta1/
    Nightly builds in my account console is empty.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

If you cannot get the nightly builds, you should contact support. Maybe there is an access list not right or something.

At present, we have not solved the SVN sync from our Git repository, so nightly builds are your best bet for bleeding-edge code.

There was an issue recently (now fixed I believe) where the status of a bug report posted to the forum was updated to "Fixed" when the request to merge was made. This should now be flipped to Fixed only after the code has been merged. Apologies for the confusion.
    Don Griffin
    Engineering Manager - Frameworks (Ext JS / Sencha Touch)

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"