Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bassajen is on a distinguished road

Exclamation TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object

TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object

hello,

i have moved a project between PC and MAC a couple of times and now i get the error

TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object

frequently when I switch from one view to another in the component inspector and i need to restart the designer.

is there anything i can do to solve it?
    thanks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    pasinski is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, but using the Designer on a PC. It crushes all the time with the same error message, especially when switching between views, or adding some new components to views

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    binarious is on a distinguished road

Exclamation

I have the same error without switching from PC to MAC. The error occours very often. Most of the times on the 3rd or 4th action. It doesn't event matter what kind of action it is. Sometimes the error occours when changing the current file, when adding a new element to the view or when adding a Controller Reference. In about 5 minutes I have to restart the designer ~9 times.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

All of these errors are very critical to us (and you)! Could you please give us the steps to reproduce the errors so that we can fix them?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bassajen is on a distinguished road

the project attached to this thread has the "undefined" is not an object error

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...w-not-deployed

opening it I am still getting the error quietly often.

Same for the project attached to this thread...

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...wipe-event-bug

So i believe is something not related to a specific project.

I am using a MAC with OSX Lion and a PC with Windows 7 and both of them give me the problem.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    binarious is on a distinguished road

When I create a new empty project everything works just fine. But when this project gets larger, it fails randomly on different actions. Therefore it's difficult to describe the steps to reproduce. Maybe it doesn't matter, but I am currently using the Designer in trial mode.
    Windows 7 64-bit

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rsureifen is on a distinguished road

Default Same Error here

Same Error here

Hello,

I get the same bug using the newest Ext Designer 2 Version on Linux 64 bit.

It appears on adding a Model to Models or a Controller to Controllers.

The other things just work fine.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

The error posted above is just a generic error. ANy time a crashing type error occurs this is what is displayed. That being said the above posts could consist of 4-5 different bugs. You are best off posting in your own thread exactly what triggered the error to occur and how you can reproduce it.

Note that in build 286 you are actually able to ignore/recover from bugs like this by clicking Ignore.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rsureifen is on a distinguished road

Build 286 works much better.
    Thanks.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    marc.fearby will become famous soon enough

Default I'm getting this error trying to start Designer 2.0.0 beta1

I'm getting this error trying to start Designer 2.0.0 beta1

I'm now getting this error simply trying to start Sencha Designer 2.0.0 beta1. You double-click the program, nothing happens, wait a while, start another program it may/may not start, and sometimes need to click it a third time to get some sort of GUI to appear. No pattern as to which one will show the error but attached is a screen shot. I then close the duplicates and continue on my merry way using the program. I haven't had these "TypeError" messages whilst using the product, though.
    Attached Images