Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for a bug in our system in a recent build.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    markofsine is on a distinguished road

Default Model definitions are not editable and do not follow same pattern as view and store

Model definitions are not editable and do not follow same pattern as view and store

Not possible to edit a model outside of designer.
    i.e. If I use another editor for general development and wanted to edit custom functions and such like outside of the designer this is not possible.

Two solutions:
    1. Model definitions should follow a similar pattern of stores and views.
    i.e. A base class should be generated for a model and user defined functions should be editable in the parent class.

2. Somehow allow editing of added functions outside of the designer.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

We are looking into this.

In the interim you can subclass the created model.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Thread Participants: 1