Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    jonathansimmons is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: To Sencha 2.0 or not to 2.0

Answered: To Sencha 2.0 or not to 2.0

We are about to build a web app. I've messed with Sencha touch here and there but nothing serious. My instinct would love to just get started in 2.0. After a few hours of fiddling though I'm finding myself frustrated at the lack of direct answer and documentation. Rather the documentation is immense but seems to contradictory at times.

So the question is should we just go with Sencha 1.0 because its out, stable and tutorials exists with explaining proper use? or is that a waste of my time? is there a timeline somewhere for the full release of 2.0? Any one been down this road recently?

2. I think if you go with Sencha Touch 1.x now, you'll quickly regret that decision given how quickly we are stabilizing ST2.

If you want to PM me the inconsistencies you are finding, I'll make sure they are corrected.

Sencha - Management Team abe.elias's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    abe.elias is on a distinguished road

I think if you go with Sencha Touch 1.x now, you'll quickly regret that decision given how quickly we are stabilizing ST2.

If you want to PM me the inconsistencies you are finding, I'll make sure they are corrected.

Answers
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by abe.elias View Post
    I think if you go with Sencha Touch 1.x now, you'll quickly regret that decision given how quickly we are stabilizing ST2.

Agreed! All of our customers except one are using ST2, per our suggestion.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    rockinthesixstring is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by jay@moduscreate.com View Post
    Agreed! All of our customers except one are using ST2, per our suggestion.
    I also agree with the above. I started a V1 app last summer and made the jump to V2PR1, and that was a HUGE mistake (back then).

ST2 is stabilized enough now that going with V1 would be a massive mistake.