Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    pinidbest has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Default Creating ExtJS portlets with a non ExtJs host page

Creating ExtJS portlets with a non ExtJs host page

Hi all,
    I want to be able to perfrom the following:
    have a hosting page that is written in a non ExjJS technology. Lets say an asp.net page or any other page,
    This page will be able to host many portelts/widgets that are written in ExjJS.

I saw the portal sampe here and this sample uses a container page that is written in ExtJS so thats easy to achive.
    How do i get the wanted functionaly that will be able to host diffrent portlets from diffrent teams that can communicate with the host.

Thanks, Pini

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

All you need to do is output HTML in your ASP page that will load Ext SJ 4 and then you can use any of the widgets like the portal
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    pinidbest has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Default Repshrasing the question

Repshrasing the question

Hi , thenaks for your reply.
    I will ask the question a bit diffrently:

My portal host page is an ExtJs page.
    Many teams write diffrent ExtJs views/ controllers etc.
    Sometimes their code should be exposed as a portlet.

In the portal sample in the sencha site all the classes were minified to a single classes.js file so the portal application can somply add script refernce to this file.
    What will i do in our multiple teams case. will i have to couple of the neccessary code files into a single js file for a single portlet?

Does the ExtJs deployment tool can do that? (Where I can specify which js files to couple together?)

Pini

Thread Participants: 1