Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    hrishirise is on a distinguished road

Default "qtip" not displaying for TextButton

"qtip" not displaying for TextButton

I am trying to add "qtip" directly to the element.By using "getElement().setAttribute", does not work.
    **In Firebug, I do see the "qtip" attribute attached to the DIV element, but, when i hover over Button, nothing happens. Any ideas ?

TextButton shadowButton = new TextButton(DMCTextConstants.INSTANCE.shadowButtonLabel());
    shadowButton.enable();
    shadowButton.getElement().setAttribute("qtip","hello");

Vote Rating
    PhiLho is on a distinguished road

I didn't know what a qtip was (in GWT at least... ), so I searched, and it seems you have to create an instance of QuickTip attached to your component.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Correct PhiLho - but it can also be applied to any parent of the dom element that has the qtip attribute. This allows creating only one QuickTip for a single form, or window, which has tradeoffs either way.

Make one QuickTip if you expect many/most elements to be hoverable, and don't want to pay the cost of creating many instances, and having many things watching mouse events over the app. Make several if you can pin down where exactly the events will occur, as to not catch events in parts of the app where no quick tip is possible.

Thread Participants: 2