I'm trying to get my head around how to do things the mvc way with extjs-4 and am not able to pull the pieces together.

I'm not sure where to put everything. I have a basic layout in app.js using a viewport container and would like to use a tree panel with check box to display come customer data. Initially I thought I would try to mock this up using static data and once that was sorted I would move to pulling the data from a database.

I cant seem to get a tree control to appear in the panel where I would like it or at all for that matter. The API examples display at http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!...heck-tree.html looks like what im after but its not in MVC. Obviously I want to take advantage of all the goodness which comes with mvc but it seems the vast majority of examples in the API docs are not examples using mvc approach. or am I missing something? How do I translate the API examples into something I can cobble together for my app.

Any training pointers or examples. If its not already obvious I'm new to extjs so any help is greatly appreciated.