Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    punith.mailme is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Unanswered: Extjs4 MVC. Retain Prevoius View with all the Form Data on Back Button.

Unanswered: Extjs4 MVC. Retain Prevoius View with all the Form Data on Back Button.

Hi,

I have a 1 app with 8 veiws, 8 controllers for each view with multiple stores and models.

scenario : Navigate from first view to second view. on the second view i will provide a back button which should navigate to previous screen(first view) with all form data retained.

issue here is, on click of back button i am calling the controller 1 to bring the view 1 to front and all data which was selected has got lost.

is there any way i can retain those data on the view1.?????????

i donot wat to use a single controller to handle all 8 views as this would be a burden on a single controller file.

kindly help us out here

Thanks,
    Punith

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

How are you bringing view 1 to the front? There is nothing MVC or Ext JS does to remove your data unless you removed it or are creating a new instance.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    punith.mailme is on a distinguished road

Wink Figured it out.. not sure if this is correct

Figured it out.. not sure if this is correct

Simons,

Just did a small workaround for this.
    when i go from view 1 to view 2. view 1 instance is not destroyed and is still valid.
    so wen i click back in view2 i did to hide the view2 component and show view1 component.. this did serve my purpose but i have 8 views to be manipulated in this way and all 8 views have a back button.

let me know if this is a wrong approach and if there is a better freway to do it.

Thanks Simons for all your replies. Helps me a lot

Thanks
    Punith

Thread Participants: 1