Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    azuroff will become famous soon enough

Default Command-line code generation?

Command-line code generation?

Are there plans to include a command-line utility that can generate the final javascript files from the designer/<project> directory? Our build system checks out the entire source tree from SVN before building it, so I had to add the generated javascript files to source control so they'd be included in the build - and it's not a best practice to add generated files to source control.

With a command-line tool, I could add the javascript generation to the build process itself - just like I plan to do with the SDK tools (once I have a chance to learn them better)

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

The code generation will probably not be abstracted into a command line tool as Sencha Designer 2 constantly has a working directory that always has the necessary parts for it to run.

A deployment tool to wrap up the app into a deployable state may occur down the line.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ipastine is on a distinguished road

A command line deploy tool would be very helpful to automate a multi-step build process where Designer is just one part.

Vote Rating
    zmagyar is on a distinguished road

Did it ever get into a realease? Or it's still sitting in the wish list?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by zmagyar View Post
    Did it ever get into a realease? Or it's still sitting in the wish list?
    Still on the wish list...
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating
    zmagyar is on a distinguished road

Is there any progress on this please? Slowly issues like this rules out Architect from our dev process.