Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    landed is on a distinguished road

Question Unanswered: Controller Question - > target view and nested elements

Unanswered: Controller Question - > target view and nested elements

How do I get my controller to make a change to a view. In my case I want to change the title of a titlebar as the section changes. I have the event happening in the controller fine but I cant seem to do the following

the controller...
    Code:
    	onTabChange:function(){			alert(this.mainLayout);
    			//console.log(Ext.widget('titlebar').getTitle());
    			var tb=Ext.widget('titlebar');
    			//Ext.widget('titlebar').setTitle('abc')
    	}
    you can see what I'm trying to do from here - thanks. Also handy to know how to hit nested elements that is framework friendly.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Where is the titlebar in relation to the tabpanel? If it is already created then you need to resolve it.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

The titlebar is actually in the original viewport, but for any controller created with a view by naming convention how would I access the view ?
    T

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Use ComponentQuery and the convenient methods on each component to move up and down the hierarchy to resolve your titlebar.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Default Thanks

Thanks

console.log(Ext.ComponentQuery.query('#market'));

errors to Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'query' of undefined

Thread Participants: 1