Vote Rating
    Answers
    icfantv will become famous soon enough icfantv will become famous soon enough

Question Unanswered: [SOLVED] A grid sorting question

Unanswered: [SOLVED] A grid sorting question

Is there a way to ask a grid (or one of it's members) on what column the data is currently being sorted?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    smiletolead is on a distinguished road

In GXT 2.2.5, there is a method on store: store.getSortField() which gives the field on which grid is currently sorted. I don't see this method in GXT 3.0.

Vote Rating
    Answers

I'm hoping I actually don't need to care if I can get this implemented correctly.

Our grid filters are separate from the column headers in that they occupy a toolbar above the grid and a user clicks "Search" or "Reset Search" buttons to filter the data. I have a way to set the value of the filters based on the values entered by the user in those filter fields, but I have yet to discover a way to fire a "Search" event to the grid or its supporting cast to tell it to execute a filtered query.

Vote Rating
    Answers

I was indeed able to get this working without having to care about the current column being sorted. For a write up, see this thread: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...store&p=740261

Thread Participants: 1